Published: 13:43, 27 January 2013 |
Updated: 09:43, 10 January 2014
Firefighters were called to a house in Saltwood last night (Saturday), after a blaze began in a kitchen.
Crews from Folkestone and Ashford were called to the property, in Harpswood lane, after a grill caught light in an elderly resident’s home.
The fire was fuelled by towels that the occupant had used in an attempt to tackle the flames.
A team of eight crew members from Blue Watch attended the property shortly after 7pm.
They worked for around 45 minutes, using breathing equipment and hoses to bring the fire under control and cleared the smoke-logged house using a ventilation fan.
The female resident, in her 80s, was treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation, and was taken to the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford as a precaution.
Don't miss out, subscribe today. Keep up to date with our newsletters.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Find out what's going on in the garden, with Kent expert Lucy Hewett's weekly update.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.