Home   Ashford   News   Article

Firefighters tackle huge barn fire in Smarden, near Ashford

By Sean Axtell

A total of 20 firefighters tackled a huge inferno in a traditional wood barn.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) was called to the scene in Smarden, Pook Lane, at about 3pm on Thursday.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the wiring.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze. Stock picture

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze. Stock picture

The whole building, which had been converted into a workshop, was alight and severely damaged by fire. 

Four engines and a bulk water carrier were sent to the building, which measures about 20x10 metres.

Three hose reel jets and two main jets were used to tackle the fire which took nearly two and a half hours to put out.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More