Published: 08:30, 18 February 2013 |
Updated: 16:09, 09 January 2014
A large fire at a school in New Romney was caused by an electrical fault, it has emerged.
More than 20 firefighters tackled a blaze that was originally thought to have been started deliberately in the kitchens at New Romney Junior School.
But Kent Fire and Rescue Service said an investigation has now revealed it was sparked by an electrical fault in a kitchen appliance.
Fire crews spent almost two hours bringing flames under control at the school, in Fairfield Road, from 10pm on Sunday.
Part of a classroom and some kitchen equipment was destroyed. There were no reported injuries.
Four crews with a height vehicle had used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Find out what's going on in the garden, with Kent expert Lucy Hewett's weekly update.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.