Share

Mostly Cloudy

Sat

°C | 8°C

Broken cloud

Sun

16°C | 10°C

Mostly clear

Mon

18°C | 11°C

Home   Ashford   News   Article

Firefighters attend 'house fire' in Quantock Drive, Ashford, and discover a single candle alight outside a house

05 August 2014
by Samantha Williams

Fire crews were called to a house in Ashford last night following fears the front door was alight. 

However, after arriving in Quantock Drive, officers discovered the blaze was coming from a single candle placed outside a house as part of the nationwide Lights Out event. 

A spokesman said: "We were called at 11pm following reports that a front door was alight.

Library image.

Library image.

"However it turned out the homeowners had placed a candle outside their house, and someone had called us thinking it was a fire."

After discovering all was well, the firefighters returned to the station. 

Thousands of people took part in the Lights Out event between 10pm and 11pm last night to commemorate the centenary of the day Britain entered the First World War.

 

 

Click here for more news from Ashford.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.