The UK's fastest-growing regional news network
25°C | 16°C
27°C | 14°C
22°C | 12°C
See the full forecast for your area.
Sponsored by Britelite.
Home Ashford News Article
A man suffered burns to his hand after a tractor caught alight in Godmersham.
The fire occurred at a farm along Canterbury Road yesterday at around 11.25am.
It is understood the blaze broke out when straw that was being transported by the New Holland machine touched the hot exhaust pipe and caught alight.
Fire crews from Ashford used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
Up to 60% of the machine was destroyed in the blaze.
The owner, a man in his 60s, was given first aid at the scene for a burn to his hand.
He did not require hospital treatment. The stop came through at 11.50am.
Click here for more news from Ashford.
Click here for more news from around the county.