Published: 09:28, 13 June 2018
| Updated: 16:05, 13 June 2018
Fire crews were called to a house in the early hours of this morning to tackle a large blaze, in which a pet rabbit died.
The fire was in a property in Luddenham Close in Stanhope, near Ashford.
An electrical fault in the lighting in an upstairs bedroom is believed to have been the cause.
Four fire engines attended the scene at around 1am and crews used three hose reel jets, two main jets and compressed air foam to extinguish the blaze, which completely destroyed the roof and first floor of the property.
Luckily, nobody was injured.
The residents, a mother and daughter, were outside of the property when the emergency services arrived.
Crews then managed to rescue two rabbits and a cat, but sadly one rabbit died.
The Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) Volunteer Response Team was also in attendance, assisting and supporting the residents, as well as neighbours whose properties had been affected by the fire.
Crews left the scene around 4.30am.
VIDEO: Crews were at the scene for nearly four hours. Credit: @dannybrava
One resident said: "I was at the other end of Stanhope and could smell smoke.
"At first I thought it was one of the houses in our close but when I walked out I could see the fire over the rooftops."
Residents are now rallying around to try and set up a fundraising page for the family. For more details click here.
VIDEO: The fire has destroyed the first floor and roof of the home
VIDEO: The damage to the house was clear later this morning
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.