Your location is set to Dartford
Published: 00:00, 28 April 2014 |
Updated: 09:46, 28 April 2014
A woman was led to safety last night after a fire broke out in a flat in Willesborough.
Fire crews from Ashford were called to Adams Drive at around 7pm.
It is believed the blaze started when a cooker was left unattended.
A woman, believed to be the occupant of the flat, was escorted from the building by a member of the public.
Firefighters then spent around an hour at the scene, extinguishing the fire.
Watch manager Mike Blundred said: "The cooker had been left unattended.
"The flat suffered smoke damage and the cooker will need replacing.
"A woman had been led to safety by a member of the public."
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
This is a brand new online resource covering every aspect of owning and improving a home in Kent and Medway.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Neil Miller, Hever Castle head gardener is new gardening blogger.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.