Published: 00:00, 14 June 2014 |
Updated: 10:01, 14 June 2014
A bedroom in student digs in Canterbury was badly damaged last night when a fire broke out.
Crews were called to the house in St Stephen's Court at 10.30pm, after someone reported an alarm sounding and smoke seeping through a window.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus doused the flames in the downstairs bedroom with a hose reel jet.
They then used a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the building.
Crew manager Trevor Cox said: "The room was quite badly damaged by fire and the rest of the house suffered smoke damage."
The blaze is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
No one was in the house when it started.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.