Share

Sunny spells

Wed

17°C | 8°C

Overcast

Thu

16°C | 8°C

Moderate showers

Fri

16°C | 8°C

Home   Canterbury   News   Article

A fire at a house in Beaumont Terrace, Faversham, started by smoking

23 December 2013
by Alex Claridge
Fire ripped through a house in Beaumont Terrace, Faversham, on Sunday night.
 
Flames were reported shooting out of a ground floor window at just before midnight and there were fears that people were trapped inside.
 
Crews wearing breathing apparatus quickly established that everyone had escaped to safety.
 
The fire was started by smoking materials left unattended.
 
Crews carried out a home safety visit, fitting smoke alarms and handed the property back to the owner.
 
They left the scene at just before 1am.

Click here for more news from Canterbury.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 
Sorry, comments are not enabled for this article.

Login or register to post commentsPost Comment

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.