Published: 15:06, 08 December 2012 |
Updated: 09:43, 10 January 2014
A pregnant woman had to be treated for shock on Friday afternoon after her garden shed burned down.
The woman called the emergency services when a tumble dryer in the shed overheated and caught light in Bournes Close, Sturry, at around 2.30pm
The shed was completely destroyed in the blaze and paramedics were called to treat the woman who had become distressed by the drama.
Now Kent Fire and Rescue Service is advising homeowners to install smoke detectors in outbuildings where tumble dryers and similar applicances are kept.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
We have four editions of our Kent Homes, Gardens and Interiors magazine for you to read. Click here to view them all.