Home   Canterbury   News   Article

Firefighters tackling kitchen blaze at Tacos Locos in St Peter's Street, Canterbury

By Gerry Warren

Two people including a cook have been treated for smoke inhalation following a blaze at a restaurant in Canterbury city centre.

Four appliances, an ambulance and a police car were called to Tacos Locos which was been evacuated.

Scroll down for video

The scene of the fire in St Peter's Street, Canterbury

The scene of the fire in St Peter's Street, Canterbury

A section of St Peter's Street was closed while emergency services deal with the incident.

A fire service spokesman said it was thought the fire was in a wall cavity of the three-storey building.

Selman Bugancik, 29 who owns The Stylers Hairdressers nearby said: "The fan in the first floor window caught light and a cable started to burn.

"I went in and there was lots of smoke. One of the guys being treated is a cook from the restaurant." 

The owner of the restaurant Musa Kivrak said he hoped to re-open early on Tuesday evening.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Live updates

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More