Share

Clear

Thu

°C | 5°C

Clear spells

Fri

12°C | 3°C

Broken cloud

Sat

12°C | 7°C

Home   Dartford   News   Article

Blaze at Ed's Easy Diner at Bluewater, Dartford, tackled by 20 firefighters

19 January 2014
by Nicola Jordan

 

Twenty firefighters were called to a fire at a restaurant at  Bluewater shopping centre early this morning.

It broke out in a store room at Ed's Easy Diner at about 5am and is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Bluewater shopping centre at Greenhithe

The Bluewater shopping centre at Greenhithe

The sprinkler and alarm were activated immediately and it was put out swiftly.
 
But Dartford watch manager Vince Lewis said the restaurant may not open today because of water damage.
 
He said : "Thankfully the sprinklers did their job  and released a lot of water quickly, otherwise it could have been a lot worse and harder to deal with."
 
Crews from Dartford, Thames-side and Swanscombe attended.

Click here for more news from Dartford.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 
Sorry, comments are not enabled for this article.

Login or register to post commentsPost Comment

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.