Share

Clear

Fri

12°C | 4°C

Clear

Sat

13°C | 6°C

Broken cloud

Sun

12°C | 6°C

Home   Dartford   News   Article

Fireworks 'start garage blaze' in village of Hawley near Dartford

10 January 2014
by KentOnline reporter

A garage blaze broke out in Hawley

Fire crews freed three passengers who were trapped in a car

Fireworks are believed to have sparked a garage fire in a village near Dartford.

Crews were called to Ethelbert Road, in Hawley, where the building and car were well alight at about 5.30pm.

Firefighters managed to stop the flames spreading to a neighbouring garage, which was only slightly damaged.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze appears to have been started by fireworks left in the garage.

Two fire engines were at the scene for about an hour.

Click here for more news from Dartford.

Click here for more news from around the county.