Your location is set to Dartford
Published: 17:00, 17 December 2012 |
Updated: 09:43, 10 January 2014
A woman and her teenage daughter are waiting to find out where their next home will be after a devastating fire.
Kerry Finch, 33, and 13-year-old daughter Paris were in their flat at The Brent, Dartford, when a blaze broke out last night.
Their home became smoke-logged when the Pizza Point takeaway below them caught fire at about 11.30pm.
"We could have been burned alive," said an angry Ms Finch.
The flat had a smoke alarm, but no battery.
"By the time the fire brigade came to the back of the flat and banged on the door I was unable to speak because of the smoke."
It took 20 firefighters four hours to control the blaze. It was thought to have been started by an electrical fault.
The couple's two dogs are being looked after by a Red Cross team.
Around 10% of the shop was damaged by fire and the flat was about 80% smoke damaged.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
This is a brand new online resource covering every aspect of owning and improving a home in Kent and Medway.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating! PLUS, register for free!.
Neil Miller, Hever Castle head gardener is new gardening blogger.
Buy pictures that you've seen in a KM newspaper, or send in a picture and we will place it on our photo sales website so that you can purchase a super, unique gift.