Home   Dartford   Sport   Article

Dartford 2 Concord 0 match report

By Matthew Panting

Dartford picked up their first win of the season in National League South on Tuesday night.

A goal in either half from Elliot Bradbrook and Lyle Della-Verde gave Darts three deserved points.

They never looked in danger of losing as they maintained their unbeaten start to the campaign, with a third clean sheet in four games.

Dartford celebrate Elliot Bradbrook's opener against Concord. Picture Steve Crispe

Dartford celebrate Elliot Bradbrook's opener against Concord. Picture: Steve Crispe

Both teams set up with just a lone striker. Darts had a five-man midfield supporting Warren Mfula while Concord had five men at the back and four in midfield in a bid to stifle Tony Burman's men.

It worked to an extent in the first half. Dartford had plenty of possession but chances took a while to come.

Early on, Mfula shot over and then Ryan Hayes curled wide when well-placed inside the penalty area.

But neither team looked particularly threatening until Dartford took a 37th-minute lead, courtesy of their captain.

Concord had a free-kick midway inside the Darts half but when the home side cleared the danger, they broke with pace and the ball fell perfectly for Bradbrook to fire in from close range.

It could have been 2-0 by the break but Mfula's low shot was beaten away by keeper Louis Wells two minutes later, and then Tom Bonner was unable to turn in Hayes' deep corner.

Concord saw more of the ball in an even second half. Rob Girdlestone's early drive was beaten away by keeper Deren Ibrahim and then Khale Da Costa shot wide from distance.

At the other end, Bradbrook's header from a deep Hayes corner was cleared from danger. 

Dartford's Warren Mfula runs at the Concord defence. Picture Steve Crispe

Dartford's Warren Mfula runs at the Concord defence. Picture: Steve Crispe

King, having nearly scored an own goal at one end, then headed over a deep corner as Concord threatened while Darts substitute Alfie Cue shot just wide two minutes after replacing Alex Brown.

Darts wrapped the points up with seven minutes left. Cue was again involved, driving forward before playing a lovely ball inside to Della-Verde, who curled home a right-foot shot into the far corner.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Harris, Onyemah, Bonner, Sho-Silva, Brown (Cue 76mins), Hayes (Thorley-Porter 90mins), Bradbrook, Mfula (Ufuah 82mins), Noble, Della-Verde. Subs not used: Wood, Eweka.

Concord: Wells, Girdlestone, Brown (Topley 60mins), Peter, King, Roast, Knight (Smith 86mins), Nasha, Taaffe, Da Costa (Renew 71mins), Farrell. Subs not used: Cawley, Cox.

Attendance: 750.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More