Blaze at Ed's Easy Diner at Bluewater, Dartford, tackled by 20 firefighters
Twenty firefighters were called to a fire at a restaurant at Bluewater shopping centre early this morning.
It broke out in a store room at Ed's Easy Diner at about 5am and is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The Bluewater shopping centre at Greenhithe
The sprinkler and alarm were activated immediately and it was put out swiftly.
But Dartford watch manager Vince Lewis said the restaurant may not open today because of water damage.
He said : "Thankfully the sprinklers did their job and released a lot of water quickly, otherwise it could have been a lot worse and harder to deal with."
Crews from Dartford, Thames-side and Swanscombe attended.
- Click here for more Dartford news
- Click here for more news from across the county