Man and woman taken to hospital with smoke injuries after fire in Wade Close, Dartford
A man and woman were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Dartford.
Firefighters from two engines used a hose reel jet to put out the fire in Wade Close, Dartford at just after 8.30pm last night.
It took just 10 minutes to deal with, as the fire was already out when they arrived.
It was said to have been started when a pan of oil was left under the grill, which caught light.
The occupier attempted to put the fire out using wet towels, which filled the property with smoke.
They then shut the grill door, which starved fire of oxygen and extinguished it.
When fire crews arrived they cleared the smoke from the property.
The man and woman, both believed to be in their forties, were taken to hospital for treatment for breathing in smoke.
- Click here for more Dartford news
- Click here for more news from across the county