Published: 10:00, 18 May 2017 |
A warning has been issued after a teenager died in the first drugs case of its kind in Kent.
Robert Fraser, 18, from Deal, is the only person known to have died from taking the synthetic drug fentanyl, which is up to 100 times stronger than heroin.
After the inquest both police and his mother, Michelle, warned of the dangers of the substance.
Insp Garry Brimson said: “Although we are not aware of any significant issues with fentanyl use in Kent, people should be aware that this synthetic drug can be up to 100 times more potent than heroin.
"If anyone has concerns about their drug use we would advise them to seek medical attention and also speak to a treatment provider.”
Ms Fraser said this week: “I would really like to highlight how dangerous this drug is and that Robert and his friends didn’t know what it was.
"He is missed every day by all his friends and family.
"Just when I think no one cares I get a message or a memory, a video and pictures from his friends reminding me how much he was loved, how kind and thoughtful he was and also his catchphrase, ‘a hug cures everything’.”
Robert, of St Francis Close, Deal, died from an overdose of fentanyl.
It is usually used in hospital or a medical setting, which he had obtained from the streets.
A coroner recorded the cause of death as an accidental overdose.
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.