Share

Clear

Mon

18°C | 6°C

Sunny spells

Tue

19°C | 11°C

Sunny spells

Wed

18°C | 8°C

Home   Deal   News   Article

A fire broke out just before midnight in Hazelwood Meadow, Sandwich, causing an elderly resident to be taken to hospital.

08 March 2014
by Victoria Chessum

A fire engine

A fire engine

An elderly woman was rushed to hospital last night after inhaling smoke fumes from a bedroom blaze in Sandwich.

The fire, in Hazelwood Meadow, broke out just before midnight, with firefighters putting it out by 12.20am. 

Two fire engines and an ambulance came to the scene. 

It is believed that the small blaze was caused by discarded smoking materials.

Click here for more news from Deal.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.