Share

Mostly clear

Fri

25°C | 15°C

Light showers

Sat

27°C | 15°C

Clear spells

Sun

24°C | 13°C

Home   Deal   News   Article

After a fire in College Road on Saturday and Duke Street on Sunday, Deal Fire Station is urging people to take care with their electrical appliances.

04 March 2014
by Eleanor Perkins

Firefighters have issued electrical safety warnings after two electrical fires in Deal.

Kent Fire and Rescue

Kent Fire and Rescue

Following a blaze in College Road, on Saturday and Duke Street on Sunday, Deal Fire Station is urging people to not overload plug sockets, unplug appliances when they are not in use and regularly check for worn or frayed wires.

Watch manager Malcolm Cowie said: “These were minor incidents but that is only because of the actions by the people and our quick response.”

Kent Fire and Rescue Service head of community safety Stuart Skilton said: “Electrical equipment is an inescapable part of all our lives, from essentials like heating and lights to luxuries like entertainment systems or beauty products.

“Electrical fires can and do break out with very little warning, so it’s vital that you have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home and check them regularly.”

Click here for more news from Deal.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.