Share

Broken cloud

Sat

18°C | 11°C

Moderate showers

Sun

16°C | 10°C

Moderate showers

Mon

12°C | 5°C

Home   Deal   News   Article

Dover firefighters have extinguished a chip pan fire in Lydden

23 February 2014
by Eleanor Perkins

A chip pan fire in Lydden has prompted firefighters to remind people of their safety advice. 

Kent Fire and Rescue

Kent Fire and Rescue

Two fire engines attended a family home in Stonehall Road, Lydden yesterday at 5.15pm after an unattended chip pan had caught alight.

The firefighters extinguished the small blaze within 15 minutes, using a high pressure hose reel.

There were no causalities.

Dover fire station watch manager Jamie Muddle said: “It’s a lot safer to use an oven or a deep fat fryer as opposed to a chip pan.”

He said: “Never leave a chip pan unattended.”

“Never cook with a chip pan if you have consumed alcohol.

“And never fill a chip pan more than a third full of oil.”

Click here for more news from Deal.

Click here for more news from around the county.

Comments 

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten Username?

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments.
Please click here for our house rules.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.