Published: 00:00, 01 April 2014
| Updated: 11:48, 01 April 2014
A fire in the roof space of Goodwins Care Home in Deal could have been a lot worse, firefighters have said.
The fire at 8.25pm on Sunday is suspected to have started due to an electrical fault.
Firefighters suspect the fault to have originated from a flood light on the outside wall but have said they can’t be sure.
Two fire engines and ten firefighters attended the scene, leaving at 10.15pm.
The fire was in a part of the building which is being refurbished, it was unoccupied.
Crew Manager Shane Giblin said: “Nobody was displaced.
“But it could have been quite nasty.”
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.