Published: 00:00, 01 April 2014 |
Updated: 12:14, 01 April 2014
A fire in the roof space of Goodwins Care Home in Deal could have been a lot worse, firefighters have said.
The fire at 8.25pm on Sunday is suspected to have started due to an electrical fault.
Firefighters suspect the fault to have originated from a flood light on the outside wall but have said they can’t be sure.
Two fire engines and ten firefighters attended the scene, leaving at 10.15pm.
The fire was in a part of the building which is being refurbished, it was unoccupied.
Crew Manager Shane Giblin said: “Nobody was displaced.
“But it could have been quite nasty.”
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.