Travel agent raids arrest
A Londoner has been charged following a series of
robberies at travel agents across Kent and Sussex, including one in
Luis Christo, aged 20, of Lomley House, Tulse Hill, was arrested at
00.10am on January 31 as he boarded a plane to Lisbon at Gatwick
He has been charged with four counts of robbery and four counts of
possessing a firearm while committing an offence.
The offences, which were investigated by officers from the Kent and
Essex Serious Crime Directorate, took place at travel agents when
currency and travellers cheques were stolen.
The robberies took place on the following dates:
· 28 December 2012 at a travel
agents in Church Road, Hove
· 14 December 2012 at a travel
agents in High Street, Hythe
· 10 December 2012 at a travel
agents in King Street, Sandwich
· 7 December 2012 at a loan/
cheque cashing shop in Barnet
Christo appeared before Canterbury Magistrates today (Wednesday)
and he has been remanded in custody until Wednesday, January
- Click here for more Deal, Dover and Sandwich news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...