Deal girl Kerys Squire has been selected as a finalist in the international beauty pageant Face Of The Globe.
Deal girl Kerys Squire is overwhelmed to have been selected as a finalist in an international beauty pageant.
Miss Squire, 15, of Allenby Avenue, Deal will travel to the Azur in Hastings on Sunday, March 2, to compete for the title of Face Of The Year.
If she is successful, she will compete for the title of Face Of The Globe in Disneyland Paris in October.
Miss Squire will be judged throughout the day in several different categories, including congeniality and evening wear.
She is currently leading one category, called the people's choice, with over 260 facebook photo likes. The winner of this category will gain an extra five points towards their final score.
The Castle Community College pupil entered the competition after persuasion from her friends and family.
She has never entered a beauty pageant before and has been overwhelmed with the support she has received.
She said: “I didn’t think I would get so many votes. It has really boosted my confidence.”
She has been speaking to her fellow contestants in an online chat room.
She said: “I’ve made friends with quite a few of the other contestants. I’m excited to meet them.”
Face Of The Globe supports the Rainbow Child Foundation, with 90% of the funds raised by finalists donated to the cause, and the remaining 10% is donated to the charity of the highest fundraiser’s choice.
Miss Squire has chosen to raise money for the Rainbow Child Foundation. This week, she is holding a raffle and a school cake sale.
To vote for Kerys visit www.facebook.com/FaceOfTheGlobePage and like her photo. Voting closes on Friday, February 28.
To donate to the Rainbow Child Foundation, contact Kerys on facebook at www.facebook.com/kerys.georgia
- Click here for more Deal news
- Click here for more news from across the county