Dover firefighters have extinguished a chip pan fire in Lydden
A chip pan fire in Lydden has prompted firefighters to remind people of their safety advice.
Two fire engines attended a family home in Stonehall Road, Lydden yesterday at 5.15pm after an unattended chip pan had caught alight.
The firefighters extinguished the small blaze within 15 minutes, using a high pressure hose reel.
There were no causalities.
Dover fire station watch manager Jamie Muddle said: “It’s a lot safer to use an oven or a deep fat fryer as opposed to a chip pan.”
He said: “Never leave a chip pan unattended.”
“Never cook with a chip pan if you have consumed alcohol.
“And never fill a chip pan more than a third full of oil.”
- Click here for more Deal news
- Click here for more news from across the county