A kitchen fire has sparked concerns over unattended cooking in Deal
Kent Fire and Rescue Service fire engine
Two fire engines were called to a kitchen fire in Deal in the early hours of this morning.
The Kent Fire and Rescue crews arrived at 2.32am to a fire at Hamilton Road which started at the hob and spread to the kitchen cupboards.
It is believed that the occupier left the cooking unattended after coming home from a night out.
The mother who was upstairs was alerted by a faint noise as it is believed the smoke alarms in the property had previously been disabled.
The family attempted to put out the fire themselves with a garden hose and then firefighters arrived and used a hose reel and breathing apparatus.
The family were evacuated and no one was injured.
Kent Fire and Rescue will be issuing safety warnings shortly.
- Click here for more Deal news
- Click here for more news from across the county