A much loved family dog was electrocuted and killed instantly on Boxing Day after UK Power Networks failed to heed warnings that a loose power cable was a risk to life.
Five-year-old border collie cross Bonnie stepped in a puddle in The Street, Worth, and was killed immediately by the electrical current from the wire in the water.
Her body lay stiff in a puddle for two and a half hours while her owner, a woman from Coventry, sobbed, waiting for the power to be turned off by experts.
The owner was staying with Ed Baker’s family in Sandwich and were on the way back from a pleasant family walk to Worth when it turned to tragedy.
UK Power Networks is investigating and says safety is a priority, but is not commenting further.
For the full story, see this week's East Kent Mercury.
The cable went along the road and into the puddle, electrocuting Bonnie