Roof fire in semi detached house in St Augustines Road in Deal
Fire fighters in Deal were called to a roof fire in a semi detached house in St Augustines Road just before midnight last night.
Three fire engines and one height vehicle attended the incident at 23.58, leaving at 3.30am today.
Firefighters use a height vehicle to tackle the blaze
All persons were accounted for including a pet Golden Retriever.
Watch manager at Deal Fire Station, David Potter said: “At this point we are attributing the fire to an electrical fault. Unfortunately the fire broke into their neighbouring property. Both roofs have been destroyed and left debris on the first floors. Both families are staying with relatives.”
Neighbour Katie Amos, 26 said: “It was really scary. I woke up smelling smoke and looked outside and couldn’t see anything as there was so much smoke.”
Mathew Percival, 22 who lives in the road said: “The fire fighters were great, they did a good job. I feel sorry for the people that live in the two houses.”
- Click here for more Deal news
- Click here for more news from across the county