Home   Folkestone   News   Article

Drunk domestic abuser Lee Woolacott, 45 rapped by judge at Folkestone Magistrates' Court

By Sean Axtell

A domestic abuser slapped his fiancée, cutting her face with his engagement ring - and then pushed her over, smashing her face on a coffee table.

Lee Woolacott, 45, was two weeks away from marrying his Folkestone fiancée when a drunken row turned violent, as her autistic son played upstairs.

After she fled and called 999, Woolacott barricaded himself in her home, wrecked her living room, then repeatedly head-butted windows and threatened to beat police officers.

Lee Woolacott - Facebook
Lee Woolacott - Facebook

Woolacott was found guilty of assault by beating at a trial yesterday, when the victim told Folkestone Magistrate’s Court of the attack on May 15.

She said: “He saw red and slapped me across the cheek. I asked him to stop, he grabbed me and pushed me in the middle of the room where my coffee table is.

“Then I fell over and hit my head on the coffee table. (It caused) a cut under the eye and bruising to the lower lip and I bit my lip. I also had bruising on my arms.

“I didn’t call the police because I was scared. Lee said if there was another incident reported to the police, social services would take my children away.”

Still drunk, he left her Folkestone property before sending a string of abusive texts, and then returned for another round of abuse, the court heard.

The victim said: “Lee came up to me in the kitchen. I was scared. I asked him to leave or I would call the police.

“My son was upstairs. I just thought it can’t go on like this any more.”

The court heard how she bundled her son into a car and dialled 999 while Woolacott continued drinking at her property.

Lee Woolacott - Facebook
Lee Woolacott - Facebook

Prosecutor Paul Shaw read evidence from PC Murray, who responded to the call.

He said: “Woolacott told me he would knock me out and if I came to the door I will get hurt.

“He started punching the window, he started head-butting the window.”

After his arrest Woolacott told police he was too drunk to remember assaulting the victim, adding he "knows himself and wouldn’t lay a hand on anyone".

Defending, Patrick Cuffe said the victim’s injuries came from Woolacott performing self-defence but magistrates dismissed the claims.

He was also convicted of criminal damage.

Woolacott, who now lives in Lloyd Avenue, Barry, Wales, pleaded to guilty to criminal damage at a previous hearing.

He will be sentenced on Monday, October 2, at Cardiff Magistrates Court.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More