Home   Folkestone   News   Article

Peter Farbar jailed after stabbing brothers in Folkestone and fleeing country

By Paul Hooper

A lying father of four, who fled abroad for two years to avoid facing a trial for stabbing two people, has finally been jailed.

Fork lift driver Peter Farbar, 52, had become involved a trivial argument over a pram left in Marine Terrace in Folkestone.

It led to him arming himself with a knife and stabbing brothers Ehran and Hassan Centinkaya in March 2015.

Peter Farbar's been jailed for the stabbings. Picture: Kent Police

Judge Julian Smith heard that before he could face trial on two charges of wounding with intent, Forbar skipped bail and then fought extradition from his native Slovakia.

But now a jury at Canterbury Crown Court has convicted him on both charges and he was jailed for six years and the judge added another nine months for the bail offence.

Prosecutor Tom Dunn said the incident had started when Erhan had arranged to deliver a washing machine and tumble drier to his brother’s home at Marine Terrace.

“Hassan lives at the top floor flat at in that block. Peter Farbar lived at the time in a ground floor flat with his sons, Villiam and Erik.

“It was Hassan’s practice to leave a child’s pram in the communal area on the ground floor as it was inconvenient carrying it up and down the stairs.

“On this particular occasion the pram had been moved nearer to the outside of Farbar’s door in order to make space for lifting the washing machine upstairs.”

The case was heard at Canterbury Crown Court

Mr Dunn said Forbar took exception to it and the Centinkaya brothers discovered the pram thrown into the street.

The brothers confronted the Forbar family and a fight began and Peter then appeared with a knife and used it on the brothers.

Mr Dunn added: “Farbar swiped the knife at Hassan a couple of times which he was able to dodge.

“He then lifted the knife high in the air and then brought it down toward Hassan’s head, causing two injuries.

“Erhan was then stabbed in the back near to his left shoulder, leaving him very frightened and believing that Forbar was going to kill him”

Judge Smith said Farbar, who now lives in Birmingham, had then colluded with his family to try to blame the victims for bringing the knife to the scene.

“This was an unpleasant, frightening and wholly unnecessary incident of disorder between four young men" - Judge Julian Smith

He told him: “It is clear that the beginnings of this incident are trivial and should have been innocuous.

“Neighbours should live side by side, and they should learn to live together but that did not happen on this occasion.

“This was an unpleasant, frightening and wholly unnecessary incident of disorder between four young men became spectacularly more dangerous because of your actions.”

He said Farbar had lied “persistently” and he “discussed with his family the best way to reduce his liability”.

The judge added: “You and your family discussed the best lies to tell and you sought to blame your victim.”

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More