Home   Folkestone   News   Article

Folkestone woman Cassandra Kilshaw died at friend's house in Deal from accidental morphine overdose

By Sam Lennon

A young woman on nine different prescribed drugs died from an accidental morphine overdose.

Cassandra Kilshaw, 25, who lived in New Street, Folkestone, was on medication for physical pain, epilepsy and depression, an inquest heard.

But a coroner ruled that she had died from a mistaken overdose.

Cassie Kilshaw died after taking an overdose of prescription medication

Miss Kilshaw collapsed and died at her cousin Mary Webb’s flat in Radcliffe Court, Sir John Moore Avenue, Hythe, on the night of July 16 this year.

The hearing was told she had left Facebook messages during that day saying she was having a good time and enjoying the sunshine.

Rachel Redman, Central and South East Kent Coroner, gave a conclusion of misuse of drugs at Folkestone Magistrates Court last Wednesday.

She said: “I believe this is nothing other than an accident by fatal overdose of medication.”

The inquest heard that Ms Webb had just moved into the flat and as it was her birthday she had small party with Miss Kilshaw and a couple of other friends the night before the death.

Miss Kilshaw and Ms Webb spend the next day together in the flat and travelled by bus to and from Folkestone for Miss Kilshaw to collect her weekly medication. That night Miss Webb found Miss Kilshaw lying on the floor and tried to revived her.

Paramedics were called and she was pronounced dead at 11.36pm that night, Wednesday, July 16.

Radcliffe House, Sir John Moore Avenue, Hythe, the block of flats where Miss Kilshaw was found

Police ruled out third party involvement and said there was no evidence that Miss Kilshaw intended to take her own life.

They found Miss Kilshaw had made several Facebook entries that day under the name Princess Saskia Destiny Warnes, including messages sayings she was having a good day.

They said the Facebook entries corroborated the statements from Ms Webb about their activities that day.

Pathologist Dr Miklos Perenyei said Miss Kilshaw had taken 153 microgrammes of morphine per litre of blood and 0.83 microgrammes per litre of blood of the painkiller tramadol.

Cause of death was classed as morphine overdose associated with tramadol.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More