Chimney fire leads to evacuation
Six people had to be evacuated from their homes last night.
A chimney fire at a block of flats in Windmill Street, Gravesend
broke out at 6pm.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “There was around half a
dozen people we had to get out of the building because the property
was very smokey.
“Fortunately it was only a little fire and we managed to put it
out relatively quickly and people were able to go back into their
homes ones the smoke had cleared.”
One appliance from Thames-side was at the scene and the crew put
the fire out in around 45 minutes.
- Click here for more Gravesend news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...