Dad suffers smoke inhalation
A dad was taken to hospital
suffering from smoke inhalation after trying to put out a fire in
Firefighters were called to the
house in Codrington Crescent, Gravesend on Friday night to put out
the blaze which spread to the kitchen and utility room.
The contents of the garage,
which was used for storage, were destroyed and the house was smoke
It took crews from Thames-side
and Strood two hours to get the fire, which broke out just after
8pm, under control.
Meanwhile firefighters are
warning householders to make sure their chimneys are swept before
lighting a fire.
It comes after they were called
to a blaze at a bungalow in Stack Road, Horton Kirby on Friday
Crew manager Gary Miller, from
Dartford Fire and Rescue Service, said: "It’s important that
chimneys are cleaned once a year.
"It’s very tempting in this cold
weather to put another log on and this is what can
- Click here for more Gravesend news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...