Warning after candle sparks flat fire in Northfleet
Firefighters have highlighted the dangers of candles following a flat fire in Northfleet early today.
Three fire engines were called to a property in The Hive at around 1am after receiving a 999 call from the owners.
The fire started when curtains caught alight from a nearby candle.
Firefighters extinguished the flames and prevented any damage to the property.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Luckily the owners were awake because otherwise it could have been a different story. People need to be aware of the dangers of candles, especially if they are near curtains."
- Click here for more Gravesend news
- Click here for more news from across the county