Published: 12:20, 22 May 2014
A man found engulfed in flames in a Herne Bay street has died in hospital from his injuries.
Kevin Laraman, 55, had been in a critical condition in a specialist burns hospital ever since the horrific incident in Oakdale Road.
But he has now lost his fight for life, with flowers and messages of sympathy left on his garage gate.
Neighbours wrote that he was a kind and good neighbour whose smile would be missed on the street.
The fire, which police say is not suspicious, is thought to have been caused by petrol in his garage. Mr Laraman was seen by neighbours staggering in the street outside in flames.
They rushed to help him using buckets of water and even a garden hose, but he suffered severe burns. Family members said he was barely recognisable.
Paramedics spent nearly an hour treating him at the scene on Thursday, April 24 before he was taken by air ambulance to East Grinstead, where he underwent surgery.
He was later transferred to St Andrew's hospital in Chelmsford, where he had been fighting for life for almost a month.
Mr Laraman lived with a friend in Mickleburgh Hill. He had a big family, including six brothers, who had been praying he would pull through.
His nephew Joel Laraman, from Hersden, said the family were grateful to those who had come to his aid and very sad at his loss.
His death on Saturday has been reported to the coroner and an inquest is due to be opened.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.