Published: 10:00, 03 January 2017 |
Updated: 10:07, 03 January 2017
A battery charger overheated and set fire to a garage at a house in Hythe last night.
Fire crews were called to reports of the blaze in the outbuilding at 10pm in Woodlands Drive.
After forcing entry into the garage, crews used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the flames.
They then checked for further fire spread using a thermal imaging camera.
Firefighters from two engines were at the property for around an hour.
Investigations made during the incident found the small fire was believed to have been caused by the charger overheating.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.
Your No1 guide to getting married in Kent. From dresses to discos and venues to veils, we've got everything you could possibly need for your big day
Education, Training & Childcare is a special supplement published by KM Media Group four times a year. Click here for latest e-edition.
A guide for your future. For year 11 students in Kent and Medway. Click here for the e-edition.
Get the latest food and drink news, recipes from some of the nation's top chefs plus updates from Kent's vineyards and breweries.
Search in your local area to find your perfect partner in Kent, with FreshStart Dating!
PLUS, register for free!.
Read our pick of the best holiday destinations. Whether its a weekend break, or something a little bit longer, we have reviewed a wide range of holidays.