Home   Hythe   News   Article

Death of Cassie Kilshaw, 25, of Folkestone in flat at Sir John Moore Avenue in Hythe 'was not suspicious'

By Sam Lennon

Investigations are continuing into the death of a woman at a blocks of flats.

Police were called to the property in Hythe last week and found one woman dead, while a second woman had to be taken to hospital.

An inquest into the death of 25-year-old Cassandra Kilshaw, from New Street, Folkestone, today opened at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court.

Cassie Kilshaw's death is not being treated as suspicious
Cassie Kilshaw's death is not being treated as suspicious

Her body was found at Sir John Moore Avenue, Hythe, at about 11.30pm last Wednesday.

Officers confirmed that the death was not suspicious while the second woman is said to be recovering.

An inquest at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court heard how Miss Kilshaw went to collect prescription medication from the Central Pharmacy in Cheriton Road.

Coroner Rachel Redman was told Miss Kilshaw then boarded a bus with a friend and took several of the tablets which are yet to be identified and gave some to her friend.

The coroner's office confirmed that on arrival at their destination in Sir John Moore Avenue she took further tablets and shared them with her friend. An hour or so later Cassandra collapsed on the kitchen floor.

Emergency services were called to the address and Miss Kilshaw's body was found by paramedics who confirmed she had died.

Two days later, the post mortem was carried out at William Harvey Hospital in Ashford where her father, Stuart, formally identified the body. An investigation into the exact cause of death is still ongoing.

A Kent Police spokesman said: “Police were called to an address after concerns about the welfare of two people inside.

“One woman was found deceased and another was taken to hospital and was said to be in a stable condition. We are treating this as non-suspicious and no arrests have been made.”

Neighbours described the scene. One said: “One woman was hysterical and was taken out of the property by the emergency services, walking but with a blanket over her shoulders.

Sir John Moore Avenue, Hythe, were the woman was found dead
Sir John Moore Avenue, Hythe, were the woman was found dead

“There was constant movement of police and paramedics outside the property that night.

"Forensic officers in white overalls were there examining the scene and didn’t leave until three the next morning.”

Miss Kilshaw’s brother, Chris, posted on Facebook saying: “My beautiful little sister passed away last night.

"Words can’t describe what she meant to me. Sleep tight lil sis love you always, it won’t be the same without you here making me laugh. You will be forever in my heart.”

"Words can’t describe what she meant to me. Sleep tight lil sis..." - Carrie Kilshaw's brother Chris

South East Coast Ambulance Service confirmed that it sent two ambulances to the scene.

Neighbours believe the surviving woman was the occupant of the flat, and the woman who died had been visiting.

News of the tragedy soon reached other residents in the street.

One man, who did not want to be named, said: “I was shocked to hear what happened and neighbours are now talking about it. This is a quiet, sleepy little area so this is not an everyday occurrence around here.

“I don’t know who the woman was or what is behind this.”

The inquest has been adjourned.

Stories you might have missed

Hit-and-run driver hunted after three cyclists hurt

Inquest to hear details of tragic Peaches Geldof's death

Tributes paid to woman after scuba dive death

Pervert behind bars after waging hate campaigns

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More