Home   Hythe   News   Article

Pensioner rescued from fire in Dymchurch Road, Hythe

By Aidan Barlow

Firefighters rescued a pensioner who was trapped in his home after a fire broke out in the ground floor.

The man, who is believed to be in his 80s, was led to safety from the property in Dymchurch Road in Hythe on Thursday afternoon.

Fire crews were called at 3.20pm and used a high-pressure hose reel jet to dowse the flames, before using a ventilation fan to clear the smoke and fumes from the building.

Firefighters tackled the blaze. Stock picture.

Firefighters tackled the blaze. Stock picture.

The pensioner was given oxygen therapy after the fire, but no one else is believed to have been affected during the blaze.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More