Published: 00:00, 29 December 2016 |
Updated: 16:38, 29 December 2016
Firefighters rescued a pensioner who was trapped in his home after a fire broke out in the ground floor.
The man, who is believed to be in his 80s, was led to safety from the property in Dymchurch Road in Hythe on Thursday afternoon.
Fire crews were called at 3.20pm and used a high-pressure hose reel jet to dowse the flames, before using a ventilation fan to clear the smoke and fumes from the building.
The pensioner was given oxygen therapy after the fire, but no one else is believed to have been affected during the blaze.
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.