Published: 08:50, 29 March 2017
A single-storey lean to extension was destroyed after flames ignited a bungalow in the early hours of this morning.
The fire service was alerted to the fire in School Road, Saltwood, near Hythe, just before 1.20am and sent two fire engines to the scene.
A statement from Kent Fire and Rescue said: "Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet, hose reels, fog spike and a hydrant to extinguish the fire in the ground floor and roof, just before 2.30am.
"A single storey lean-to extension was destroyed and the roof of the bungalow had 20% fire damage."
Flames were seen in the distance between 2am and 3am, and it was thought the Saltwood Club was affected.
But this morning trustee James Bailey confirmed the club only lost a couple of roof tiles and fence panels.
He said: "It was the house next door and it was a little porch fire.
"We are perfectly clear, there was no scorching.
"We are open as normal."
It is understood the occupants of the house were not injured in the blaze.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.