Published: 00:01, 23 February 2018 |
Consumers in Kent have been left shocked and disgusted by some of the items they found in their food.
A dad was stunned when maggots crawled out of a tin of baked beans and in another case a woman discover a 8.5" bolt in her frozen chips.
Here are 10 examples of disgusting items found by people in Kent.
1) Mouldy jelly
A food manufacturer was forced to apologise to a Tunstall pensioner after she found mould languishing in a pot of jelly. Jean Clarke's snack was ruined when she unwrapped it to find the green substance in the packet. The 74-year-old made the discovery in 2016.
We've all been there. You fancy a cup of tea but it's not quite complete until you've got a biscuit to go with it. Only then you discover a shard of plastic within your sweet treat. A rogue piece was found in a packet of McVities Rich Tea by a couple from Strood.
The last thing you expect to find when you open up a bag of frozen chips is an eight-and-a-half inch bolt. But that is exactly what happened to grandmother Jean Brown. She was preparing dinner when the metal object fell out.
A Chinese restaurant was forced to close for several days after an infestation of mice was found in 2014. The Real China, at Leviathan Way, Medway, has since received a 'good' four star rating from the Food Standards Agency at its latest inspection in February last year.
A fish and chip shop on the Isle of Sheppey had to apologise after it served up a bolt. Clair Green went to The Galley Fisheries, Leysdown, for a meal with her partner Pat and 21-year-old daughter Sarah-Leigh in 2016.
A horrified father came across maggots as he was about to dish up for his 18-month-old daughter. The creatures were found crawling around in a tin of beans from Aldi. The supermarket apologised in 2016 and offered Dean Smith a full refund.
It's not something you expect to see in a drink from the fast food chain but one unlucky customer in Dover discovered a bolt among the ice cubs. Russell Mayes had brought it in 2016 before heading back to work. When he got back to the office he discovered a metal screw bolt in his cup. McDonald's said food safety is their highest priority.
A woman was left "disgusted" after she found a white pill among her packet of beef-flavoured Seabrook crisps. Tara Dolman said the tablet could've made her sick dad seriously ill when it was reported at the time in 2014. At the time a spokesman for the company said it was waiting for results of a test before taking action.
A cigarette was found in a customer's Indian takeaway. The diner said he found it in a curry bought from Masala Reef, Sheerness, in 2016. The manager of the restaurant said at the time: "That cigarette butt did not come from our place."
A rotting mouse corpse was found by environmental health officers when they inspected a Medway convenience store in 2014.
Gurkha SP4 Mini Market in Brompton High Street, Gillingham, was immediately shut after the discovery was made.
From academic achievements to engineering accolades and new facilities, Kent College offers students an outstanding school life.
Enter this month’s competition and you could win a luxurious return crossing!Sponsored editorial
There's no uniform or bells and students and staff are on first name terms. School life at Rochester Independent College is unique.
Every morning at 10am we play you an hour of tunes from the 90s. We call it, #WeLoveThe90s.
Play 'Say It' with Garry and Laura on kmfm Breakfast and you could win £1,000!
Wake up to kmfm Breakfast with Garry and Laura - it's Kent's alarm call.