Home   Kent   News   Article

Saturday's Ryman League round-up

Stuart KingMaidstone United went three points clear at the top of Ryman League, Division 1 South after another home win in front of a bumper crowd at the Gallagher Stadium.

The Stones beat Merstham 2-0 in front of a crowd of 1,853 thanks to first-half goals from Stuart King (pictured) and Tom Mills, while the visitors saw Peter Wedgeworth sent off 25 minutes from time.

United are clear of second-placed Dulwich who led 2-0 at third-placed Leatherhead on Saturday when the game was abandoned after the collapse of a wall around the edge of the pitch at Fetcham Grove 15 minutes from time. No injuries were reported.

Sittingbourne stayed fourth after Joe Taylor's late equaliser at Corinthian Casuals earned a 1-1 draw.

James Cottee had put Casuals ahead late on but Taylor pounced in the 81st minute.

Folkestone Invicta enjoyed a 2-1 win over fifth-placed Crawley Down in manager Neil Cugley’s 650th league game in charge.

Dane Luchford opened the scoring with his first for the club and despite Luke Blewden levelling on seven minutes, Richard Atkins netted the winner after 34 minutes.

Faversham Town moved level on points with Crawley after a 1-0 win at basement-boys Three Bridges.

Wayne Wilson scored the only goal from the penalty spot after six minutes and keeper Simon Overland kept the hosts out at the other end with a string of fine saves.

Ramsgate closed the gap on the play-off places with a 3-1 win at Tooting & Mitcham.

James Sherman opened the scoring after 16 minutes and Tom Chapman made it two shortly before Ian Pulman’s third 11 minutes from time.

The hosts registered a late consolation from Ryan Adams.

Herne Bay recorded their first win for more than two and a half months with a 1-0 win at Horsham.

In their first game since January 5, Bay striker Byron Walker returned to form with the only goal after 16 minutes.

Whitstable Town fans were rewarded for their hard work to clear The Belmont pitch of snow ahead of the visit of Worthing with a fine 4-0 win for their side.

An own goal put the hosts ahead on four minutes before James Morrish volleyed home just before half-time to double the lead.

Buster Smissen added a third 25 minutes from time before a late fourth from Sean Raggett.

Margate slipped from third to sixth in Ryman League, Premier Division after their home game against East Thurrock was postponed.

Thamesmead Town went fifth in Ryman League, Division 1 North after a dramatic home win over Wroxham.

The visitors went ahead after 30 minutes through Jamie Forshaw but Baff Addae levelled on the hour and Enoch Adjei snatched the points in stoppage-time.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More