Home   Kent   Sport   Article

Ryman League round-up

By Steve Tervet
Hythe Town's Danny Lye in action against Peacehaven & Telscombe Picture: Gary Browne
Hythe Town's Danny Lye in action against Peacehaven & Telscombe Picture: Gary Browne

Maidstone United preserved their unbeaten home record in the Ryman League Premier Division when Zac Attwood scored a late equaliser against East Thurrock on Saturday.

But the 1-1 draw at the Gallagher Stadium meant the Stones dropped to fifth and they're now in danger of dropping out of the play-off places.

Two late goals sent Margate tumbling to a 2-0 defeat at Canvey Island, where Terry Brown's side also had goalkeeper Nikki Bull sent off.

Thamesmead Town won 2-0 at home to Lewes to keep their faint survival hopes alive, Tyrus Gordon-Young scoring a goal in each half.

And it was also a good day for Cray Wanderers, who won 2-1 at Billericay. The visitors took the lead through an own goal before Dimitri Larin scored what proved to be the winner, although the Wands still look destined to go down.

Two goals in the space of six minutes fired in-form Chatham Town to a 2-0 win at home to Soham Town Rangers in Division 1 North. Taylor McDonagh opened the scoring and Kieran McCann doubled the lead for the Chats, who have now won eight of their last nine games.

VCD Athletic's lead at the top of the table has been cut to just two points after they lost 3-2 at Harlow. Goals from Michael Power and Peter Smith had the Vickers 2-1 up at half-time but they went on to concede an 86th-minute winner. Elsewhere, second-placed Witham won 4-1 and they've got three games in hand.

After losing 4-1 at Dereham, Erith & Belvedere are 11 points from safety and staring down the barrel of relegation to Southern Counties East.

Folkestone Invicta remain in the Division 1 South play-off places but their 1-0 defeat at Leatherhead means they're now starting to look over their shoulder. Tom Bradbrook scored the only goal of the game and Invicta are now just three points clear of sixth-placed Merstham.

Any hopes Faversham Town had of making the top-five now look to be over after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Three Bridges at Salters Lane. Having lost 2-0 at home to Redhill less than 48 hours earlier, the Lilywhites - for whom Darren Marsden was on target - are now 10 points adrift of the play-offs with seven games left.

Ramsgate moved to within three points of Ray Turner's side with a 2-0 win at home to Eastbourne Town. Tom Chapman and Connor Heffernan scored their goals.

James Morrish gave Hythe Town an early lead against Peacehaven & Telscombe at Reachfields but the leaders came back to win 2-1 and they're now closing in on the title.

Sittingbourne won 3-2 at Walton Casuals thanks to a late Ryan Golding penalty. Jono Richardson and Joe Taylor had put the Brickies 2-0 up but Casuals looked to have earned a point until Golding scored from the spot.

That win lifted Bourne above Herne Bay, who lost 1-0 at Horsham.

Scott Heard returned from his trial at Chesterfield to score the winner for Whitstable Town against Burgess Hill. The Oystermen's 1-0 victory at the Belmont moved them seven points clear of the relegation zone and to within one of Herne Bay.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More