Kent sailing clubs and businesses exhibit at London Boat Show 2014 at the ExCel, marking its 60th anniversary
Sailing clubs from the county are exhibiting at a top London marine exhibition, celebrating its 60th year.
The London Boat Show 2014 displays a variety of vessels and sailing gear until January 12.
Taking place at the ExCel in the capital’s Royal Victoria Docks, it gives landlubbers and boat enthusiasts a look at everything to do with the £2.8bn industry.
Kent has a key role as the South-East accounted for 31.8% of revenue for the sector, valued at £906.6 million.
This is the highest amount of revenue of any UK region.
Several Kent clubs are exhibiting at the event. These include:
- Queenborough Harbour Trust C.I.C making its debut at the event
- Nautilus Yachting, the bareboat holidays specialist based in Edenbridge
- Topper International, a manufacturer of of thermoplastic sailing dinghies and catamarans, based in Ashford
- Elite Sailing, an RYA Training Centre based at Chatham Marina
- Late Sail Ltd, a last-minute holiday provider, based in Canterbury
- Gillingham Marina
- Dover Harbour Board
- Ramsgate Royal Harbour
Advanced tickets £10. Visit www.londonboatshow.com
- Click here for more news from across the county
Managers at Lydd Airport are heading to Dubai to tell airlines and tourist operators about their £25m expansion plans.
Rail operator Southeastern is hoping to expand its high-speed services in the east of the county by creating a coastal loop route.
Read all county news