House fire in Marden
A dog has died in a Marden house fire this afternoon.
The pet, believed to be a labrador, perished in the blaze which,
at its height involved six appliances and a water
unit in Chantry Road.
It broke out in the house at around 2.30pm.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus fought the fire with
two hose reel jets and two main jets.
A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said crews were
scaling the operation back by 4pm.
There are no reports of any human injuries. However, there
are tailbacks of traffic in the area.
- Click here for more Maidstone news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...