Village chimney fire
Firefighters had to cut through a brick wall
to reach a blaze which had broken out in a chimney.
Two crews arrived at a three-storey house in Rectory
Road, Horsmonden, at about 6.44pm last night.
The homeowner called 999 after noticing smoke coming from the
floorboards and a strong smell of smoke.
Crews used small tools to cut away part of a brick wall and
expose the flames.
They also had to remove floorboards to ensure the fire had not
Teams used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze and left the
scene at around 8.30pm.
- Click here for more Maidstone news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...