Warning after cooking fire
by Angela Cole
Fire crews are warning people not to leave
cooking unattended following a kitchen fire in Tonbridge
Two appliances were called to Speyside shortly before
9.15pm after a saucepan overheated on the hob and caught alight.
The resident, who had left the kitchen, heard the smoke
alarm and called the emergency services.
Firefighters found the flat smoke-logged and took the pan
away from the heat, removing the smoke using a positive
pressure ventilation fan.
Tonbridge crew manager, Martin Westbrook, said: “There are some
important safety messages to come following this fire; firstly
never leave cooking unattended. If you leave the room, turn the
heat off. Secondly, fit working smoke alarms on every floor of your
home and test them regularly. They will give you the early warning
needed to escape in the event of fire in your home.”
For fire safety advice call 0800 923 7000 or go to www.3breaths.info for further
- Click here for more Maidstone news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...