Fire fighters extinguish chimney fire in Cranbrook
Fire fighters had to extinguish a chimney fire last night.
It started at a home in Lovers Lane, near Goudhurst, at approximately 5.50pm.
The crew had to use special equipment, such as rods and modified hoses, to put out the blaze.
It took 30 minutes to be fully extinguished.
The fire ignited in the chimney breast and is a common problem for this time of year.
Build up of soot can spark flames and residents are urged to regularly clean their chimneys to avoid similar problems.
A spokesman from Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "We encourage people to ensure they regularly sweep their chimneys.
"At this time of year, especially when fuel prices are so high, people are lighting fires for the first time, and they can be in for nasty surprise if they don't regularly check their chimneys."
- Click here for more Maidstone news
- Click here for more news from across the county