Kitchen fire at New Romney Junior School caused by electrical fault
A large fire
at a school in New Romney was caused by an electrical fault, it has
More than 20 firefighters tackled a blaze that was
originally thought to have been started deliberately in the
kitchens at New Romney Junior School.
But Kent Fire and Rescue Service said an investigation has now
revealed it was sparked by an electrical fault in a kitchen
Fire crews spent almost two hours bringing flames under
control at the school, in Fairfield Road, from 10pm on Sunday.
Part of a classroom and some kitchen equipment was destroyed.
There were no reported injuries.
Four crews with a height vehicle had used breathing apparatus to
tackle the fire.
- Click here for more Ashford news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...