Elderly woman rescued after blaze in Saltwood
Firefighters were called to a house in Saltwood last night
(Saturday), after a blaze began in a kitchen.
Crews from Folkestone and Ashford were called to the property,
in Harpswood lane, after a grill caught light in an elderly
The fire was fuelled by towels that the occupant had used in an
attempt to tackle the flames.
A team of eight crew members from Blue Watch attended the
property shortly after 7pm.
They worked for around 45 minutes, using breathing equipment and
hoses to bring the fire under control and cleared
the smoke-logged house using a ventilation fan.
The female resident, in her 80s, was treated
by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation, and was taken to
the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford as a precaution.
- Click here for more Ashford news...
- Click here for more news from across the county...