Fire at home in Folkestone
Firefighters were called to the incident.
A warning about not leaving electrical appliances unattended has come from firefighters after a dishwasher caught alight.
The fire happened at a house in Stempe Close, Hawkinge, Folkestone, at 1.20am today. The occupants were asleep and were woken by their smoke alarm.
Firefighter Richard Gatehouse, from Folkestone fire station, said: “This shows the dangers of leaving electrical appliances unattended.
“The occupants were in bed but luckily had a smoke alarm which woke them.
“If that had not been the case, the kitchen could have become engulfed in flames and who knows what would have happened.”
The occupants tackled the fire with an extinguisher and by the time the crew arrived, it was nearly out. They removed the dishwasher and ventilated the kitchen.
- Click here for more Ashford news
- Click here for more news from across the county